Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Honey, Have I Ever Mentioned that I REALLY Want a Boat?



We took advantage of the holiday weekend to escape to the lake in Cherokee, Alabama. My mom's wonderful, generous cousin in Iuka has an amazing house on the lake, and we joined my folks there to celebrate the 4th of July. There are scads of pictures, but I will post just a sampling here. Eventually, the website will have more (see link on the side of this blog), so keep checking.

Peter is convinced he wants a boat. What I have not yet seen is any ongoing PASSION for boating, other than when we see boats during little trips such as this. As far as I know, he doesn't know about brands or sizes or boating safety or maintenance of boats. But when we are near a lake, he mentions this desire with gusto. Since renting a "real" boat proved cost prohibitive, my water-lovin' hubby bought an inflatable raft and we rowed with the bigger girls on Saturday afternoon.




Other highlights included lots of games for kids and grown folks alike; a tea party; manicures & pedicures; fireworks over the lake; fireworks in our driveway; butterflies and lizards; grillin' out; watermelon; great weather; and relaxing as a family.








While I do not see a boat in our near future, I certainly loved the lake--and the refreshing weekend we all shared on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Rob and Aunt Jenny would like to gently remind the swamp things that we have a lovely boat on which visiting relatives may ride at any time, whether for fishing, tubing or simple leisurely trips along the numerous lovely (and mosquito-free) lakes and rivers here in the beautiful state of Oregon. Have we also mentioned that the 10 day forecast is calling for temperatures between 79 and 89 with less than 10% humidity? Just something to think about...

We miss you guys...