Sunday, July 8, 2007

Goin' to Graceland...

We have arrived safely and happily in Memphis! We're mooching off of--I mean, staying with--my folks for a month until we can get into the apartment (and hopefully our house in Iowa will sell or we will find someone to rent it). I think the girls are wearing them out, but they are being very gracious! So far, we have already seen a Memphis Redbirds baseball game with fireworks on the 4th of July; played mini-golf and bumper boats at Putt-Putt; played with cousins Hallie, Caroline and Annsley; gone to the zoo; played at the water spray park in Collierville and had a nice dinner out without kids (P and me!). It feels surreal to be "home" again--so many familiar things but so much that is new and expanded as far as the city goes. It still feels like we're just here to visit the family.

I have been diagnosed with H. pylori, a bacteria in the stomach which most commonly leads to ulcers. Don't know if I have an ulcer (i don't have the pain normally associated with ulcers), but am getting treated for the bacteria either way. It requires large pills (8 per day for 2 weeks), which can be a challenge for one already so nauseous, but I am feeling MUCH better. I am also feeling pleased that there is something causing all this--I was starting to think I was crazy!

Work starts up again for me on July 23. We move into the apartment on August 8. Both Kindergarten (Molly) and montessori preschool (Rebecca) start August 13. Until all that, we're going to get to know Memphis again and eat Granna and Papa out of house and home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Courtney,
H. Pyolori??!! I thought we checked for that. Well, at least we know that there is a "cure" for it. Hope this means you're feeling better. Sounds as if you've been active enough since the move.
I am missing you so much already. Even though we didn't actually see each other that much, I knew you were there in spirit-- and there is certainly a void now.
I just happened upon this site while sitting in the call room, so will email you at your own acct. at a later date.
Glad all seems to be well.
xo Pam