Sunday, July 15, 2007

Walkin' in Memphis

We've now been here for nearly 2 weeks, starting to feel less like a visit and more like what it is: a return "home."

My illness has limited some of our activities during the day, but the girls have been quite flexible with me (they are infinitely fascinated by vomit, wanting updates from me on the color), and Dad has been coming home for lunch and/or meeting us out somewhere for lunch to give me a little downtime. I am always better in the evenings, when Mom and Dad and I just sit in the den and chat after the girls are sleeping. I am no longer taking the H. pylori medicine, as after 10 days of a 14-day cycle, I could no longer keep it down, symptoms were bad, and the GI doc's office advised me to just stop, as the diagnosis was a "presumptive positive" anyway. So we're back to not knowing what's going on. But the diarrhea part is better (probably thanks to the acidophilus but maybe from the meds?), and the other part is certainly not what it was a month ago. I see a new OB here on Thursday and will determine if I want to pursue further testing while still pregnant or just wait until after this girly gets here!

Recent fun events: storyhour at local bookstore Davis-Kidd; visit with Papa to awesome children's bookstore (think "You've Got Mail") Pinocchio's; Memphis Farmer's Market for fresh fruit and veggies; downtown trolley ride; lunch at historic Arcade restaurant on Main St.; more swimming in backyard kid pool; playing with Kennedy from next door; sidewalk chalking, baking brownies with Granna; touring the YMCA where Molly will go to summer camp next week; visiting with nearly-99-year-old Bom-Bom (my grandma, their great-grandma); dinner with Aunt Jo--the list grown daily!! Eventually, I guess the kids may have to get used to the fact that everyday cannot have a planned thrill-a-minute activity, but it's summer so they're having a ball.

You'd like this blog more with pictures and I guarantee I will get them here!

No comments: