Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Lullabye & Goodnight

When Rebecca is exceptionally tired, she is exceptionally chatty. Tonight, as I sang their lullabyes, I decided to sing one I used to sing a lot when they were babies that I hadn't sung in a long time. Rebecca's responses are in parenthesis.

Puff, the Magic Dragon (Dragon? Like in DragonTales! I like that show!),
Lived by the sea (that's like the ocean--we were at the ocean in Florida!)
And frolicked in the autumn mist (did you say "kissed"?? Kissed is yucky!)
In a land called Honilee.

Little Jackie Paper (Jackie? That's like Jack. I know a boy called Jack.)
Loved that rascal Puff (giggles)
And brought him strings (a guitar has a string!) and ceiling wax (what's wax?)
And other fancy stuff (I like to dress up and be fancy. I am a fancy girl!).

Together they would travel
On a boat with billowed sails.
Jackie kept a lookout perched on Puff's gigantic tail (My doggies have a tail. Quincy is my best dog, just like Pluto is Mickey's best dog.).
Nobles kings and princes (what about the princesses and the queens? I like to be a princess!)
Would bow whene'er they came.
Pirate ships (like Pirates of the Caribbean! I went on that ride with Daddy at Magic Kingdom. And they were in the parade, too. And Captain Hook is a pirate.) would lower their flags
When Puff roared out his name (my name is Rebecca. And now I am 3.).

I ended the song early, because I could hardly contain my giggles. I kissed her forehead. She was asleep before I even closed the door to the room!

No comments: