Sunday, July 26, 2009

Girls' Day Out

I had a day off. I had the two oldest girls. The house was feeling...well, boring. So off we went for a day of adventure in the Big City. First, the Dixon Art Gallery and Gardens. (No art pictures allowed, but the girls sketched some paintings with colored pencils & we hung out in the gardens quite a bit.) Next, Hibachi lunch--eating with chopsticks & enjoying the flame-grilled show. Finally, the Pink Palace to see the dinosaur exhibit and cool off in the planetarium. If I were a stay-at-home mom, I'd love to think we'd have days like this all the time, but I think the part that made this day most special was how rarely we get to do it. Yes, we do LOTS of fun things as a family, but it often seems rushed and planned and sometimes obligatory. This day was about us, spending time together, with no schedule to follow and no one to meet. Yay for my daughters!









No comments: