Friday, February 6, 2009

Where Did January Go?

It's early February now, and I have been completely addicted to Facebook. I did myself a favor back in December and discontinued our Website, thinking if I only had ONE place to upload photos and spout off about nothing anyone cared about, I'd do it more often. Then Facebook hit me like a ton-o-bricks, leaving my poor blog untouched for a month. And I don't even download pics to Facebook--that would make it 100 times worse.

Anyway, January is traditionally a blah month, right? Christmas is over, kids go back to school, weather is gray and chilly. But we managed to make history with a new President, the Tigers won some basketball games, my kids just kept getting cuter, and we had visits from my sister and Peter's sister (and family). So, it was NOT a blah month in 2009.

Peter's sister and bro-in-law and their wonderful son Travis--who joined our family through the blessing of adoption last summer--came all the way from Oregon for some Quality Cousin Time. We are now trying to find a way to eliminate the states in between Tennessee and Oregon to facilitate more frequent QCT. Who needs Kansas and Idaho anyway?!

Amelia is a Tiger Fan!

Uncle Peter and cousin Hallie (with Tiger face courtesy of Caroline)

Did I mention how cute the kids are?

QCT at the playground

Visiting the Peabody Ducks (their rooftop palace)

Becca at Corky's. Yes, she often dresses like this in public.

All the way from Oregon! At the zoo.

Silly cousins and Aunt Jenny

Northwest Passage at the Zoo

Aunt Meredith teaches Molly's Girl Scout troop about Thailand (more Mer pics to come!)

For the record, February is looking less good. The Oregon relatives decided they needed to go home (some nonsense about jobs and school), Kansas is still impeding QCT, and Meredith flew back to Thailand. My kids are still pretty cute and the president is still new and shiny for now. But otherwise, February is, so far, cold and gray. Ready for Spring...

No comments: