Monday, August 18, 2008

Get On Your Feet!

Amelia started walking last week. Last Sat 8/9, she took a couple of steps. By Wednesday, she simply stood up from a sitting postion(without holding onto anything) and walked across the room to me. Molly and Rebecca were my witnesses. She spent the rest of the week walking everywhere, frustrated when she couldn't get all the way to her destination, and delighted to move between her big sisters.

You know, with your first kid, you're very excited when this happens. And I am excited for Amelia. However, I just promptly ordered safety gates and conversion kits (to attach them to the bannisters) and sighed, realizing my little Speed Racer is now off to the races...and I have to try to catch her.

I was kinda counting on a couple more months of crawling. After all, she's only 10 months old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's a Marsh kid... we were all early walkers. Mostly because, according to Mom, Dad would decide one weekend it was time for us to be walking and he'd walk our little legs off until it stuck.