Monday, June 2, 2008

Fame! I'm gonna live forever, I'm gonna learn how to fly!

Summer started with a bang as Molly went to Theatre Camp for a week. (Note that I spelled "theatre" the pretentious way. That's how a real thespian spells it. And I am a thespian. Or I was. In high school.) She and Sage went to Playhouse on the Square's Theatre Conservatory for Youth. At the end of the week, we were invited to see the performance of "Miss Nelson is Missing!" Molly was Student #3 (whom she named Hallie) and Sage was Student #6 (whom she named Taylor). They were wonderful! Molly got the laugh line she was hoping for on one line in particular and, except for a brief sock-fidget moment, she hardly even looked nervous. Both girls relished in showing us "backstage" (in the wings). Rebecca proudly presented her superstar sister with roses. And Papa even took time off from work to be in the audience, too.




Perhaps the most dramatic moment for Molly came later in the afternoon. I was filling her Playhouse waterbottle with ice and she began to sob. "What's wrong?" Choking, she answered, "I just can't look at that water bottle and not think of my week at theatre camp! I will miss it so much!" Ah, the drama queen assumes her throne.

No comments: