Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I awoke Sunday morning to the sweet "dadadada-babababa" of my youngest daughter, followed soon thereafter by Rebecca's little voice, "Happy Mudders Day!" and then Molly's louder, "Don't get out of bed yet!" They all disappeared briefly, with Daddy clearly in the lead, and returned with breakfast in bed--yogurt, a banana and some strawberries, with milk. (I'm not much of a hot breakfast gal.) We all got ready for church and made it on time (yay us!) for the breakfast being served for the families of babies being dedicated. As we ate more fruit and the kids stuffed their faces with donuts and mini-quiche, we waited for our turn with the photographer. Then it was time for the service, when Amelia was presented to the congregation, along with 8 other kids ages 2 and under. My parents were there and they joined us for lunch afterwards, then back to our house for a little visit.



Peter and the girls gave me a porch swing and some hanging ferns for the front porch, Rebecca presented me with a potting set for daisies, Molly gave me gardening gloves and seeds, and we spent the afternoon doing lawn work and planting flowers. Weather was perfect, I got to spend time with my own awesome mommy and I got to feel extra-special in the eyes of my little ones.


The day before Mother's Day, Molly and Rebecca and I went to "High Tea with Mommy and Me" at the Children's Museum. We sipped tea and lemonade from fancy porcelain cups, enjoyed finger sandwiches and fruit and tiny pastries, watched some young girls dance for us, and heard all about the origins of Mother's Day from one of the local TV station personalities. We got roses and rings and feather boas and then got to play in the museum afterwards!



Thanks, Mom, for being a great one, and thanks, Peter and girls, for making my weekend so memorable! Hope all you moms out there had as much fun as I did!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.