Friday, March 7, 2008

Rebecca Turns 4!






Rebecca turned 4 on Feb 24 and celebrated in style! Round 1 included a party with her friends from preschool with a Dr. Seuss theme. Rebecca LOVES Seussical the Musical and all the books, especially Horton the Elephant. So we invited the whole class to our house. The Cat in the Hat stopped by for dancing and a pinata, as well as pictures with each party guest. I drew posters of the Lorax, Horton and a Sneetch, which hung from our balcony. (I have to say, I was pretty proud of my free-hand work. In no way am I artistic; I just seem to have some weird spatial ability I had not yet discovered.) I made a Hat cake (which actually looks better in this picture than it did in real life--I was NOT proud of the cake, but it tasted good nonetheless). And each guest received a Dr. Seuss book as a party favor. Rebecca had a blast with all her friends (17 kids in all, plus ours! yikes!) and has told me multiple times that she is no longer a baby now that she's 4.

Round 2 was for our extended families--aunts, uncles, cousins (grandparents came to both). Some of my cousins have younger kids, too, so Maggie was there (she's 6), as well as Charlie (who is nearly 2) and Drew (who just turned 1). That party was mostly adults, so the kids disappeared in the playroom while the grown-ups indulged my game fetish, unscrambling words describing Rebecca's interests (Benjamin won) and making words out of the letters of Rebecca's name (Papa won). Then the second cake was served, this time pink, of course, with a butterfly on it. Again, looked bad, tasted good. Rebecca, who is not at all shy in small groups but is quite shy with lots of people around, was a little overwhelmed with all the attention. But she is still talking about both parties 2 weeks later, so I guess the memories are good ones!

These pictures are a small sampling. The better shots were taken by my dad, of course, but they're not downloaded yet, so you're stuck with mine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Rebecca - looks like you had a some fun celebrating!!