Thursday, December 20, 2007

Snaggletooth


Yesterday, Molly woke up as usual. She was talking to me about her upcoming "winter party" at school, when I noticed a dark shadowy area in her mouth. The previously mentioned loose tooth was gone! We were all very excited about this, her very first lost tooth. I felt a little sad, because, well, it seems like she JUST got that tooth. Wasn't she 6 months old only last week?? Anyway, we thought perhaps she'd swallowed the tooth in the night (I've heard that this can happen), but I found it in her sheets. The Tooth Fairy visited last night. I was awakened this morning to a squeal of delight. She left Molly a dollar, a pack of sugarless strawberry gum, and a small Tinkerbell decorative pillow hanging on a ribbon, all of which Molly promptly zipped into her High School Musical purse from Aunt Jenny. I asked Molly what she thought the Tooth Fairy did with all those baby teeth. Without hesitation, she answered, "They are for her Tooth Castle. She builds the Tooth Castle with baby teeth. But not the furniture. That would be gross."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ben's teeth are never going to fall out, seriously - the poor kid might be the last 6 year old in Texas. And it weirder since he got his teeth so early. I like the gum idea...