Monday, September 24, 2007

Setting the Trends

I would just like to point out that I am SO far ahead of the curve in terms of what is "in." Okay, this refers to some things and not others. I do not claim to have any idea who the Grammy-nominated singers are, nor have I seen most of the shows honored at the Emmys. However, when it comes to home decor and, yes, BLOGGING, I am clearly setting trends.

For example, when Rebecca was turning one, I planned a ladybug-themed party. Granted it was February (and not ladybug season), but I had the hardest time finding decorations. Within a year, you just couldn't go anywhere without seeing ladybug party stuff. Nana/Bev is my witness on this one. Another example: last year, I made a Christmas wreath for my mother with a red-and-white candy theme (you know peppermint drops and candy canes and gumdrops and the like). Looked all over the place for stuff to fill up the wreath. I did find stuff, but it didn't quite fulfill my vision. This year, after a recent trip to Garden Ridge (quite possibly the coolest home decor place on earth), I learned that red-and-white Christmas candy is SO in this year.

Finally, I read an article in Memphis Parent magazine about mommy bloggers (specifically the ones in this city). We're everywhere! And how cool do I feel to be one of them? My cousin's wife Cathy even had her mommy blog listed in the "Memphis Mommy Bloggers You Will Love" category. How I didn't make THAT cut I do not know. I will have to chalk it up to the fact that I am a recent import and haven't made my mark yet. But I will. Look out, Memphis, the Trend Setter has arrived!

No comments: