Friday, June 8, 2007

"She Must Be Feeling Better, She's Doing the Laundry!"

For two weeks, I have been sick. Throwing up & other fun things. Losing pounds, becoming dehydrated enough for two trips to the hospital for IV fluids, having blood drawn. Freaking out my loved ones. And frankly, freaking out myself at times, wondering if I would be spending the next 19 weeks doing this. It started out in typical stomach-flu-type fashion, got a little better and then returned with a vengeance. Safely out of the first trimester (when I had some "morning sickness" but not that much), I hoped I was in the clear. But no! Anyway, I am on the upswing now, having kept bland foods down for nearly two days and feeling somewhat more human. Molly and Rebecca were playing together in their room today. Here's the conversation:

Molly: You be the Mommy.
Rebecca: Okay, I will throw up and do the laundry. You be the Daddy.
Molly: I don't wanna be the Daddy. Daddies are boys. I'll be the baby.
Rebecca: Okay. You be the baby in my tummy who makes me throw up.
Molly: I think the Mommy is feeling better. She's doing the laundry today.

So here I am, trying to ease back into normal life. I have ignored the blog for a week and there have been several exciting adventures to report (as well as my ever-observant comments on life as we know it, which I know you have missed). So bear with me, as I will post several new entries this weekend to make up for lost time--I will do this in between loads of laundry, of course.

No comments: