Monday, May 7, 2007

Chunky Monkey

Okay, so I realize I am more round now than I was at the start of the other two pregnancies. But here I am at the four-month mark and not fitting into my previously well-fitted (and in some cases even baggy) pants. Already. I would like to point out that I have not gained even one pound. I am definitely at that stage of "is she pregnant or just fat?" But my jeans and my black work slacks and my brown work slacks? All too tight. Fortunately, Mom flew up for an emergency grandparent-fix visit this weekend and brought a maternity outfit for me as a gift, which I promptly put on & wore all weekend. I think I may wear it everyday. I did save other maternity clothes, but they are mostly for cooler weather and we are not experiencing cooler weather. (The other thing you may not realize--if you have never been hugely pregnant--is that at the end, your clothes become so worn out that you vow never to wear that orange shirt/black dress/blue sweater again.) The more exciting part about having been pregnant before, though, is you recognize baby movement earlier--and I am, every once in a while, feeling a little flip-n-flutter!

But it's good to know I'm not alone--I'm right on target according to BabyCenter!

No comments: