Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Our Rebecca Just Turned 3, EiEiO!

Saturday was Becca's 3rd birthday party! Some time ago, she settled on a farm animal theme for the party, insisting on a pinata. I was so crafty and made cute little barn invitations with doors that open. I also made animal Bingo cards and I drew a lovely (if somewhat distorted) cow on a poster board for "Pin the Tail on the Cow.". The older the girls get, the less stuff I seem to be able to make for the party, though, so I relied on www.birthdayexpress.com for goody boxes, a cow pinata and farm animal plates. This little local bakery we have here called "Wal-Mart" made a Charlotte's Web cake. I made pigs-in-a-blanket, got a chicken nugget party tray from another local favorite called Chick-Fil-A, and had a big bowl of fruit. Granna and Papa picked up balloons and took Becca to Cookie Cutters Haircuts for Kids for a spiral-curly hair-do and fancy pink bow. Four little girls joined us--Sakshi, Eesha, Emma and Kenzie--and, I think, they all had a pretty good time. As is the trend when girls come to play, everyone had shed their party clothes by about an hour in, trading them in for dress-up clothes. There are princesses on farms, right? It was sort of "Girls Gone Wild: Toddlers Get Fancy!" Pete made a special appearance as Farmer Pete, playing his gee-tar and leading us all in "Our Rebecca Had a Farm." What a Dad!







I am still more-than-a-little shocked that Rebecca is 3. Three seems so much older than 2. Three is starting preschool in the fall and taking her first dance class. Three is getting herself dressed and playing the DVD player all by herself. Three is too big for all the 2T clothes and gets herself dressed. I'm not ready! (On the other hand, Three uses the potty, brushes her teeth, cleans up toys--sometimes, and is actually pretty good at doing things "all by myself." Maybe I am ready!)

Happy Birthday, my Becca-bean! You can be my little Farm Princess any day!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Rebecca! Three is SO much better than two. In fact, I like being three so much I have decided to be three FOREVER. Please post photos so we can SEE you at your farm party! I won't be having a party in August - because I am going to stay three FOREVER!!

Your Texas friend,
Madeline